Chief Privacy Officer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 155236
Position Title: VP
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are looking for an attorney with 12+ years’ experience to serve as our Chief Privacy Officer and lead our legal Privacy team. The right candidate is an experienced, effective and practical attorney who can drive global strategy around data privacy and player protection.
This position will report to EA’s General Counsel. It will be based in either Redwood Shores, Los Angeles or Seattle.
We are looking for candidates with a demonstrable privacy law expertise, particularly around consumer privacy and broad consumer technology (data analytics, behavioral advertising, data licensing, data hygiene, global data regulations). This is a great opportunity to take a leadership role close the business and drive business strategy.
- Lead and grow a team dedicated to player privacy and protection, data governance and protection, data ethics and use and privacy compliance and regulation;
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data Analytics, Digital Platform, Security and other teams to implement privacy-forward processes for product and service ideation, development, launch and full life cycle;
- Assess and respond to potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements;
- Implement Privacy-By-Design strategies for technologies, products and services to drive business enablement solutions;
- Participate in industry forums to help shape relevant privacy and security policies and regulations;
- Represent EA externally before data protection regulators, industry groups and other key stakeholders;
- Be an active member of the Legal Leadership Team (EVP, GC directs), to set strategy and direction for the collective success of the entire EA Legal Team.
- J.D. and 12+ years’ relevant experience, with both in-house and top-tier law firm experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, strong analytical skills, and a keen sense of humor.
- Collaborative by nature and able to build strong partnerships;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage a diverse and complex workload;
- Demonstrable ability to drive global, enterprise-wide policies and practices;
- Demonstrated ability to support and collaborate with cross-functional executives (C-Suite, CISO, etc.)
- CIPP, CIPP-E, a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Privacy Officer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 06:55:27.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US