Lead DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155228
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Lead DevOps Engineer - DRE
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate leader to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver as a DevOps Engineer and provide world-class services to our internal partner development team.
- Lead, drive and execute on new technical initiatives with partner development teams
- Identify gaps within existing workflows and implement automated scalable, reliable and repeatable solutions
- Work as a technical liaison with partner development teams to address infrastructure and CI/CD related issues
- Proactively monitor, review and triage automated systems issues
- Refine and evolve monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
- Contribute to growing internal tech stack and knowledge sharing within DRE
- Proficient in containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Proficient in implementing CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Proficient in programming/scripting languages (e.g Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g Vault)
- Experience with artifact repositories (e.g Artifactory)
- Experience with source control management tools (e.g Perforce, Git)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g New Relic, DataDog, Zabbix)
- Knowledge of networking architecture (e.g Load Balancing, TCP/IP, Routing, Nginx)
- Knowledge of enterprise storage systems (e.g NFS, CIFS)
- Familiar with best practices for deployments (e.g Blue/Green, A/B Testing)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Windows containers
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g Splunk, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with building, deploying and managing microservices
- Familiar with best practices around automation security
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions with little supervision
- Mentor and grow junior engineers
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-02 19:02:04.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA