Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155228
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Build Engineer - DRE
We are seeking an experienced Build Engineer to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) at EA Vancouver.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
The Build Engineer will be the key technical point of contact between DRE and our internal customer.
- Owning the relationship between DRE and our internal customer
- Implementing and maintaining automation pipelines in our CI system
- Work with our internal customer on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
- Maintaining dashboards that visualize key systems metrics
- Managing virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs/Containers
- Maintaining the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise
- Experience with administrating, creating and maintaining automation jobs in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with OO languages (e.g. C++, Java)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Powershell)
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual environment (e.g. Virtual Machines, Containers)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ZABBIX, DataDog)
- Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Excellent electronic communication skills (e-mail, Slack, IM, etc.)
- Ability to run small meetings involving our team as well as internal customers
- S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with artifact management tools (e.g. JFrog Artifactory)
- Experience with container orchestration and microservice management tools (e.g Kubernetes)
Community / Marketing Title: Build Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-02 19:02:04.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.