Senior Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155222
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Motive is a new creative-driven studio, led by a team of industry veterans. Our suite of games includes AAA titles that range from new IP to proven titles with timelines to reinvent themselves every year. We are a big studio of small teams. As such we seek out the most talented people in the industry and we give them an environment where they can flourish with autonomy. We believe the product we make is as only as good as the staff we hire. We encourage a culture of support, education and collaboration.
As Senior Software Engineer on QE you will be part of enabling the studio to adopt new or proven technology to continuously improve the way we work. QE on Motive is a small team as is the case with every QE team in EA, however there is a strong community of sharing between groups. As such, you will be expected to build highly portable and scalable software that should have strong value to many teams in EA. Technical testing of AAA titles is very much in its infancy and has the potential for large change. Given the sheer volume of possibilities, we need a strong generalist that is happy to “jump in and learn” as the technology we work on can range from full stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions to working with AI. You should encompass the senior role in every meaning of the term: excellence in development practices, leading of internal growth, develop sound technical plans that produce meaningful impact to the business and in turn, contribute to the production of a great game. In return, you will be given the autonomy and support to do so.
What a Senior Software Engineer on QE does at Motive:
Technical ownership and implementation
- Use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design and implement tested, reusable, and modular code
- Scout, evaluate and present to the team new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation
- Pair with the Technical Director to build a strategy that will lay foundation and framework for the future of Quality Engineering at Motive and EA
- Formulate the right approach by understanding technical needs of a solution, maintainability, scalability and balance all that against the return of investment for the business.
- Harness your desire to deeply understand the WHY behind the functional requirements of the business to derive innovative solutions
- Be passionate about non-functional requirements and embody the value of these in your actions
- Own technical design and implementation for a set of features.
- Demonstrate ownership over everything you are accountable through your communication, delivery quality and predictability
- Employ your entrepreneurial attitude and drive that facilitates delivery of high-quality projects in a timely fashion
- Monitor QE tools usage, performance and resolve any failures
- Have the autonomy to bring your own ideas to fruition
- Mentor and coach less experienced developers
- Strong connection with executing and defining best practices of development both for yourself and effective ways of guiding a team to inherit them
- Be an active learner who expands your and the team’s breadth of knowledge on a continual basis
- Produce quality work and effectively work through/with others.
- Participate in recruitment, training & coaching of quality engineers to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth
Who are you:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and/or development process improvements.
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as mySQL, MongoDB,
- Experience with .Net, C# and C++
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team
- Experience building platform-grade tools and services
- Experience mentoring peers, and delivering technical presentations
- Experience delivering system-level technical design and documentation
- Knowledgeable in software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in container orchestration solutions such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Good at influencing change on a studio or business unit level
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 21:17:31.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.