Manager, Social Channel & Influencers
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 155219
Position Title: Manager, Global Community Engagement
Manager, Social Channel & Influencers
Location: Los Angeles, Respawn (Chatsworth)
The Manager, Social Channel & Influencers for Apex Legends will be integral to Global Communication and Community Engagement efforts to position the brand and product to new customer bases, elevate the brand’s perception, and tell the Apex Legends narrative through implementing social channel, creator and celebrity influencer based campaigns. This includes leading strategy, creative, production and relationships while working cross functionally with development, communications and marketing teams to plan campaigns; overseeing and managing in-house team and external agencies; quantitative analysis of overall campaigns’ key KPIs and contribution to overall brand health; forecasting and planning campaign reach; as well as supporting the Global Communications team with any other special quantitative and qualitative projects that may arise.
Focusing on verticals gaming, lifestyle, sports, art, music, fashion/style and pop culture, this leader will build exceptional, strategically viable relationships with the top celebrities and creators on the internet. Additionally, this leader will use their knowledge of social channel content creation and social channel strategies to lead a team to produce high performing will content and campaigns. The ideal leader has a passion for social channels, creators and celebrity influencers, as well as understands how to partner with them into brand and product campaigns that drive our advertising business, community engagement, and influencer content marketing programs on both owned and shared social channels. He/she will manage and directly advise a social influencer content specialist, social channel specialist and external agencies tasked with building the business, social channel and relationship opportunities with for owned channels and most influential talent in the world.
- Experience leveraging insights and data to develop social channel and influencer content strategies, campaigns and ideas.
- Experience developing and executing social influencer campaigns in partnership with marketing and communications partners
- Experience with and knowledge of video and livestream platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok or other emerging social platforms
- Excited by creating unique and innovative ideas and executing with high-quality standards
- Depth of understanding of gaming, specifically first person shooter and Battle Royale games
- Detail-organized and can adhere to deadlines
- Constantly strive to find opportunities to improve processes
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Want to have an impact and feel passionate about the work that you do
- Constantly looking to learn more
- Looking to lead a small but collaborative team where you can learn a ton while still having a strong voice
- Develop and manage the execution of compelling, forward-thinking social, creator and influencer marketing strategies and plans for Apex Legends
- Consistently communicate trends, shifts, opportunities, and statuses with cross-functional teams and partners
- Develop and foster solid working relationships with internal teams (Development, Brand, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Finance)
- Use tools and technology to improve social content performance and identify the most appropriate creators and celebrity influencers to meet campaign objectives and business challenges
- Negotiate directly with creators, celebrity influencers and their business managers and agents
- Oversee and lead consistent social, creator and influencer campaigns with a team of social channel and influencer specialists, as well as internal/external partners
- Participate in and lead cross-functional meetings, brainstorms, and planning sessions
- Develop comprehensive reporting to articulate social, creator and celebrity influencer campaign impact
- Handle agency partners to oversee campaigns and ensure timely delivery of social, creator and celebrity influencer content, and campaign reports
- Identify opportunities to deliver compelling UGC and influencer campaigns on owned social media channels
- Run annually, monthly and campaign specific social and influencer budgets & optimize spend based on business objectives
- 6+ years in the digital space with proven experience delivering successful social, creator and influencer programs across channels
- BA or BS degree or Entrepreneurial street creds
- Agency experience in building influencer or social content led branded programs ideal
- Strategic understanding of digital and social media marketing in addition to appropriate metrics of success
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to facilitate teamwork
- Proficient communication skills; written, spoken, presentation, etc.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Deep knowledge of the gaming industry, specifically first person shooter and Battle Royale games
- Desire to brainstorm and strategize initiatives based on campaign goals and business objectives
- Proven record of managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to stay highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced, rigorous work environment
- Intense interest in social media, creators and celebrity influencers
- Willingness to travel, if necessary, and attend off-site events
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Social Channel & Influencers
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 01:34:51.143
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US