Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 155152
Position Title: Software Engineer I
As EA’s Compliance and Certification team we cover First Party guideline and EA Standards testing within each game, for all platforms. Our First Party partners contain but are not limited to: Microsoft, Sony, Apple, Google and Amazon. The purpose of EA internal Standards is to protect the player experience and other aspects of a successful game life cycle. We are EA’s safeguard for players and partners, supporting game development by breaking down high-level policies and concepts into standards.
Main Purpose of the Role
As a Software Engineer for EA Compliance & Certification you will report to the Technical Director while you build solutions to help improve our ability to test EA games more effectively. Technical solutions may include game debugging, build verification, telemetry implementation, automated testing and data analysis. You will work with the EACC Project Management and Quality Design teams to evaluate and improve the software development and testing process of the department. This will involve work with both EA propriety and commercially available tools. As a Software Engineer, you will write and understand object-oriented code, follow guidelines and best practices to provide defect-free software to specifications.
- Be creative finding opportunities to improve testing effectiveness and implement solutions
- Develop tools and systems to support EA and 1st Party requirement testing at times working as part of a wider group and also at times as an individual contributor depending on the assignment
- Work with partners and other team members to define and write requirements for new or updated tools
- Respect coding standards and EA coding best practice ensuring all work is documented
- Test own work and provide defect-free software to partners
- Create technical designs of small to medium tools making appropriate design compromises between functionality, performance, requirements, quality, and reliability
- Debug medium to complex issues and find cause of defects
- Identify risks and requirements, raise any issue blocking development progress promptly to EACC Management
- Participate in departmental knowledge sharing and offering assistance to the wider EACC team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or above/equivalent
- Training or experience with software testing tools
- Knowledge of the Game Industry and software development processes
- Debug and determine root cause analysis on complex programs
- Excellent English level, including technical writing and process documentation.
- Follow documented procedures and identify potential improvements.
- Identify issues and implement solutions.
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Adapt to plans and react to change.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 10:31:40.81
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.