Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 155152
Position Title: Software Engineer I
As EA’s Compliance and Certification team we cover First Party guideline and EA Standards testing within each game, for all platforms. Our First Party partners contain but are not limited to: Microsoft, Sony, Apple, Google and Amazon. The purpose of EA internal Standards is to protect the player experience and other aspects of a successful game life cycle. We are EA’s safeguard for players and partners, supporting game development by breaking down high-level policies and concepts into actionable standards.
Main Purpose of the Role
As a Software Engineer for EA Compliance & Certification you will be responsible for building solutions to help improve our ability to test EA games more effectively. Technical solutions may include game debugging, build verification, telemetry implementation, automated testing and data analysis. Working closely with the EACC Project Management and Quality Design teams to continually evaluate and improve the software development and testing process of the department. This will involve work with both EA propriety and commercially available tools. As a Software Engineer, you will write and understand object-oriented code, follow guidelines and best practices while applying high quality standards in order to provide defect free software to specifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Using creativity and resourcefulness, find opportunities to improve testing effectiveness and implement solutions
- Develop tools and systems in support of EA and 1st Party requirement testing at times working as part of a wider group and also at times as an individual contributor depending on the assignment
- Work with partners and other stakeholders to define and write requirements for new or updated tools
- Respect coding standards and EA coding best practice ensuring all work is clearly documented
- Test own work and provide defect free software/systems to partners
- Create technical designs of small to medium tools with minimal supervision. Make appropriate design compromises between functionality, performance, dependencies, quality, and reliability
- Effectively debug medium to complex issues and find root cause of defects
- Identify and communicate risks and dependencies, raise any issue blocking development progress in a timely manner to EACC Management and/or other stakeholders
- Actively participate in departmental knowledge sharing and offering assistance to the wider EACC team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or above/equivalent
- Training or experience with software testing tools
- Knowledge of the Game Industry and software development processes
- Competence with some of the current development technologies and platforms including C++, C#, Java, PHP, SQL, AJAX, SharePoint and web design
- Ability to debug and determine root cause analysis on complex programs
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills including technical writing and process documentation.
- Ability to follow documented procedures, identify potential improvements and update as necessary.
- Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required.
- Task oriented, able to set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-04 10:31:40.81
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO