Senior Data Scientist
Location: Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Requisition Number: 155131
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team in Geneva as an Advanced Analyst. At EA, Advanced Analyst roles represent the step above Senior Analysts, i.e. a manager level position for individual contributors. If you have a passion for problem solving, statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization, combined with excellent business acumen and passion for games, then this might be just the right job for you.
You will be measuring and optimizing customer acquisition costs, analyzing large sets of acquisition, engagement, and monetization data, conducting experiments and building predictive models to identify the next growth opportunities for EA. You will be working with key people from the Marketing and Publishing organization to help them understand campaign performance across multiple channels and territories.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal Advanced Marketing Analyst is someone who is adept at both thinking strategically about difficult business problems and using cutting edge data analytics techniques. If you have a track record of liaising with business stakeholders, building cutting edge statistical models and translating complex quantitative data into actionable insights for both technical and non-technical audiences, all while having a strong passion for games, this role was custom built for you.
What you will do at EA:
- Be a primary partner and consultant for the relationship with the Marketing and Publishing org
- Ensure requests are well understood, remove ambiguity and translate requirements into data and analysis requirements to ensure that our output will lead to an action or a decision
- Approach analyses with a structured, strategic thinking anchored in the stakeholders business needs and environment and devise a thought-through plan before starting the heavy lifting
- Take the lead in proactively finding new opportunities to explore data to improve the consumer experience, improve the acquisition strategy, drive incremental revenue and/or reduce costs; lead or heavily influence the selection of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Design, build, maintain and evangelize cutting-edge player and marketing spend models, together with driving improvement in existing modelling methodologies, systems and processes
- Manage multiple internal and external projects involving complex data collection, analysis and application
- Develop and analyze experiments to increase acquisition, engagement, and monetization through alternative marketing channels and programs
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate ROI for marketing strategies, campaigns and other initiatives
- Influence business decisions and marketing strategies through fact-based data-driven insights and analysis; be a key agent of change for EA product strategy and marketing optimization
- Act as go-to expert for quantitative methodology, implementation and application; provide assistance to other members of the group for them to understand requirements and guides the execution of the analysis
Skills and knowledge expected:
- Ability to see the main story and develop a compelling communications to executives
- Can influence experienced leaders to consider and act on recommendations
- Eager to dig into data and willing to do the work to extract the signal from the noise through advanced modelling techniques
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- A desire for continuous growth and eagerness to learn new methods and techniques
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing channels, metrics and measurements a plus
- Passion for videogames is highly preferred
Background and Technical skills:
- MS/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences. MBA a plus. BA/BS level considered for outstanding candidates;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant hands on analytical experience, preferably in gaming, technology, retail or consulting
- Extensive knowledge and prior business application of quantitative methodologies such as regression modelling, decision trees, cluster analysis, factor analysis etc.
- Accomplished in use of R or other statistical programing environments to create high performance predictive models.
- Advanced SQL skills including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel including macros, pivot tables, lookups, solver etc.
- Familiarity with a data visualization software package such as R Shiny or Dundas a plus
- Solid understanding of physical and digital marketing, and marketing channels a strong plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Game & digital download credit
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- Travel subsidies
- Semi-private medical, dental and life insurance
- 22 days of annual leave
- Excellent location in Central Geneva, 10 minutes from the train station
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-29 17:38:50.677
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.