Software Engineer I
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 155117
Position Title: Contingent
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Presentation Software Engineer plays an important role in the development of EA SPORTS games, by implementing the sequencing of events that are shown to the user, which can include the triggering of cut-scenes, camera cuts, changes in tempo such as slow-motion and replays, transitions at the beginning and end of a game, audio tuning, commentary synchronization, and
- Writes and maintains APIs used by several other game areas
- Work with a team of software engineers
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Improve overall code quality and performance by optimizing the exchange of information between different game areas
- Program core presentation tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience in a Client/Server environment with basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Knowledge and experience using Flash, specifically in tandem with ActionScript is preferred
- Additional experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Experience developing on XBox 360 and PS3 Platforms is a plus
- Experience developing on XBoxOne and PS4 Platforms is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-01 14:20:13.223
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US