Game Design Intern
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 155067
Position Title: Intern General
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for highly passionate Game Design Interns to join our experienced team on a 12 month full-time (paid) opportunity. You will experience working in a highly successful game development environment and work with a cross-discipline team to deliver high quality designs for mobile games. This is a fantastic opportunity to prepare yourself for a career as a professional in the gaming industry and you will gain significant experience and skills from our intensive internship program.
What a Game Design Intern does at Firemonkeys:
- Plan, implement and iterate on content
- Develop and maintain design documentation
- Bring new ideas to the table: mechanics, story ideas, features
- Collaborate with other disciplines
- Remain accountable regarding task progress
- Provide & receive constructive feedback to other designers about their work and ideas
The next great Game Design Intern will bring:
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and Visio
- Basic understanding of software development and associated tools and processes
- Experience in development of design documentation
- Broad knowledge of various genres and platforms, with an ability to critically analyse them
- Ability to work within existing game design and fiction to create new systems, features and content
- An interest in continuous learning of all fields related to game design, staying in tune with trends and products emerging in the gaming marketplace
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply’ button. Please also feel free provide a portfolio including game design documentation and other examples of your design work with your application.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Design Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-25 23:35:16.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.