Senior Animation Engineer
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 155047
Position Title: Contingent
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Starfighter Assault on Battlefront ll and now Battlefield V: Firestorm, Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline teams to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or videogames, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
What a Senior Animation Engineer does at Criterion:
- Work with designers & animators to understand requirements and plan out functional requirements
- Design, architect and document technical designs for Animation systems
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics
- Design and develop new content creation tools, workflow tools and general productivity tools
- Support Designers using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation and usability
- Work with the Frostbite Engine and Frostbite Team to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- Identify bottlenecks and performance issues involving CPU time and bandwidth and optimize them
- Provide solutions that consider multi-threading, hardware requirements, skeleton optimizations
The next great Criterion Senior Animation Engineer also needs:
- Experience with Animation features such as skeletons, rigs, animation compression, blending, ragdolls, IK, procedural animation solutions, motion fields, character physics, secondary motion
- Experience with Data-driven State Machines
- Experience with Animator tools to control blending, controller trees, and transitions
- Passion for Animation technologies
- Strong proficiency with C++
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with Agile development philosophies
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
- Capable of responding to Code Review feedback and deliver quality Code Review feedback
- Knowledge of source code management
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Animation Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-22 18:27:45.32
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB