Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 155044
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Software Architect, Game Development Applications Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is a key technical leadership role in the Game Development Application Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision, design and build a variety of enterprise-level solutions in support of Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s video games and central services teams. This role includes the creation of the solution architectures that will incorporate custom, COTS and packaged applications together with integrations with products such as Slack, JIRA, Perforce, GitLab. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and leverage public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, the ideal candidate will lead small agile teams to architect, design and engineer applications that will support thousands of current users.
- Act independently or part of a project team, as a top-level contributor, to create the solution and software architecture for high volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of game development team objectives that drive and shape technology requirements and design deliverables
- Possess, develop, and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies, design patterns and methodologies
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to drive guidelines, methodologies, and documentation
- Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front as well as a coach, guide and mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight to quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
- Clearly document the requirements and the architecture and design proposed to deliver the software solution
- Actively take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face to face communication with appropriate leads/managers
Job qualifications and requirements
- 10+ years of experience building out and managing enterprise level software solutions
- 7+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData)
- 7+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 5+ years of experience to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrable experience with development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions
- Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience, cloud computing and configuration as code
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-27 17:16:05.69
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.