Development Director (Game Development Applications team)
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 155043
Position Title: DD II
Development Director, Game Development Application Services
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This is a key leadership role in the Game Development Application Services team and offers a recognized expert the opportunity to lead the development of a portfolio of enterprise-wide solutions in support of Application Lifecycle Management for EA’s video games and central services teams. You will be involved in all aspects of enterprise software development working closely and hands on with the development team as well as other teams as part of Agile run projects to deliver the best quality game development solutions.
As a Development Director (DD), you’ll be primarily driving collaboration in planning and execution on our cross-functional game development applications across the entire EA organization. You will be managing a partnership with other development leaders and managers. This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, peers, and development leadership. DD’s focus on outcomes, solving problems, and making things work (or work better). You’ll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, and seeking out opportunities for Continuous Service Improvement. In this role, you will work closely with other game team leaders such as the Game Designer, Art Director, Producer, and Technical Director.
- Be responsible for process, schedule and quality aspects of the game development applications, including establishing the development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget
- Work with leadership to define the strategy to execute against milestones and key deliverables
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability
- Establish regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide project status updates
- Able to initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies and to act as a change agent for process improvements
- Prioritize and direct development strategies and models to support near and long-range plans & innovation
- Effectively monitor and adjusts capacity plans
- As a people manager, leads a high performing team with a strong culture of trust and collaboration
- Regularly collaborates outside of core team to solve problems and share best practices
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face to face communication with appropriate leads/managers
- Strong communicator, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to build a strong effective team; effective at selecting strong people
- Ability to think outside the box in a challenging and ambiguous environment
- Experience leading enterprise projects with Agile project management principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and possess strong emotional intelligence skills
- Able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- In-depth knowledge of software development operations acquired from a minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Minimum of 7 years experience in technical or engineering role working with custom software development tools and technologies
- Ability to plan and execute change through a formalized change management process.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent domain
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director (Game Development Applications team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-27 18:14:29.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US