Software Engineer - Frostbite (Release Team)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155018
Position Title: Software Engineer III
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Frostbite has powered games such as Battlefield, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition, PGA Tour and Star Wars Battlefront. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm).
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite Release team is responsible for 75 engineers worth of work getting into the mainline. The successful candidate will be part of a team keeping the build farm green and continuously improving the lives of our engineers. You will receive training and mentoring from industry leaders and experts in their fields.
We are looking for an energetic candidate who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others, but doesn’t take no for an answer. You will work with senior engineers and analysts to ensure systems are performing at optimum capacity.
- Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with senior team members on releases/updates and patches
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure an effective, accurate, and speedy resolution of production environment issues including capacity, lag, etc.
- Coordinate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released
- Works closely with the quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards
- Work with developers to facilitate fixing broken builds
Experience: (5+ years with)
- C++, C#, Python
- Automation in general
- Service Oriented with an energetic attitude
- Works well with others
- Works well with changing priorities
- Know when to escalate
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Large scale Integrations
Why join Frostbite?
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step in their career working in an enterprise environment with the latest technologies, being mentored by experts in their field. We are looking for a hungry candidate who has experience with the following technologies from either work experience, academic, or passion project standpoint.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
• More about our location: https://careers.ea.com/locations/canada/vancouver/
• More about our Culture: http://careers.ea.com/why-work-here
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Frostbite (Release Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-27 23:02:55.063
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.