Videogame Business Analyst
Location: Madrid, ES
Requisition Number: 155014
Position Title: Associate Analyst
Main Purpose of the Role
The role holder is responsible for providing information and insights to EACC and the rest of the business. These insights come from players, competitors and the marketplace - to measure performance and shape future business decisions.
EACC Business Analysts are responsible for seeking out opportunities and improvements within the department, using intelligence gained internally to EA – but also externally to the company. New solutions on how to execute verification, or work within new business models or technology are provided and documented.
Actively participate in qualitative initiatives, such as any EA internal standards, ensuring that EA is holding titles to standards equal to - or beyond - our competitors. They will also be responsible for EACC communication processes, including documentation and video tutorials.
They will contribute towards initiatives that bring the “player voice” to the company – in the form of short, informative videos, blogs or podcasts. These will be delivered with a regular cadence, with an audience of both executive staff and studio game teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Inform colleagues within EACC of upcoming business practices and technology and translate this into tangible, meaningful action – for example, how focus on Accessibility is changing the industry and what actions EACC needs to take for EA to lead the industry in this area
- Work with teams such as Sales, Marketing, Competitive Insights, Data Analytics and Demand Planning to bring intelligence back to the EACC function
- Perform strategic analyses using all available sources of information (internal consumer data, consumer insights, research data, industry sources) to support decision-making processes
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear, understandable, and valuable way
- Communicate clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business stakeholders
- Use creativity to ensure that output is digestible and if necessary, entertaining
- Ability to provide compelling, engaging & persuasive fact-based arguments
EACC is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the workload and the make-up of teams vary. Therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent has past-experience of working in a team environment of constant change. This also requires a flexible approach to working hours.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of video games industry experience
- Passion for the games industry and strong knowledge of game development process and marketplace
- Comfortable presenting ideas, processes and data in an entertaining, digestible format
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-prioritise simultaneous projects
- Very strong English proficiency – spoken and written, with confidence to present yourself publicly
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, or comparable software
- Qualification related to corporate strategy, marketing, media or video games
- Experience in communicating to executive level
- Basic data analysis capability – with the ability to interpret subjective data, such as social media sentiment
- An existing portfolio of work, such as a web blog, article, YouTube video, short film, or stream archive. Preferably related to videogames
Community / Marketing Title: Videogame Business Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-21 15:23:12.837
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES