Senior Game Product Manager (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155008
Position Title: Lead Game PM
We’re looking for a highly skilled Product Manager who will develop acquisition, engagement, and monetization features and content that will help grow player value across diverse player needs. If you like Apex Legends and want to be a part of a game that is growing incredibly quickly, come join us and help create an incredible experience for our players.
What’s it like to be a Product Manager at Respawn?
- Day to Day - As a Product Manager on our team, you will be responsible for defining and driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for features and content within Apex Legends.. The ideal candidate is passionate about our game, thinks quantitatively and rigorously, and can develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of our players. You will develop and manage key game features and content releases that further the overall vision of the game and its goals. You will leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features & tactics to impact KPIs. You will collaborate with Apex Legends stakeholders to provide input on live performance and help influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met.
- Ownership - You will bring novel perspectives and identify new opportunity spaces by challenging existing viewpoints, all in the effort to help build a better game. You will have the space to proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise. As part of a lean, focused team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- Teamwork - You will collaborate closely with talented people within your team as well as other disciplines. You will work together with product team members on figuring out delivery schedules, anticipated revenue impacts, and opportunity costs. You will work directly with the game design team, combining expertise to build new in-game products and experiences for our players. You will also collaborate with the analytics team to ensure that needed data is being tracked and that data visualizations/reports are available in order to provide recommendations for the game. Delivering the best gaming experience for our players is a group effort, and your working relationships with others will matter.
- Values - Our product and development team members are aligned on their values. They share their inspiration, knowledge, and passion with the others on the team. They aspire to treat everything they work on as a personal masterpiece. They play the game and are encouraged to speak up if they see anything that is not up to our high standards. They put their time and passion into what will have the biggest payoff for our players.
- Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one’s work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in Product Management candidates?
- Professional Expertise - We are looking for people who are experienced with ecommerce and/or business strategy for consumer facing games. We need people who have a solid background in successfully breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks, as well as crafting optimal solutions for our players and our business. We also look for Product Managers who have database and SQL knowledge.
- Passion - You’ll do your best work if you enjoy playing Apex Legends and have a passion for helping to create a great gaming experience for our players. We look for people who are passionate across all of our disciplines - our team members are constantly sharing knowledge and working to raise the quality bar. No one is phoning it in here – our teams love what they do and it shows in our games.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a passion for quality.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
Several years of advanced product management experience, ideally in video games.
An applied math, economics, computer science or related degree.
Graduate degree preferred, but can be replaced by relevant work experience in a corporate insights or consulting role.
Deep understanding of KPIs directly impacting the product.
Knowledge of how competitors have impacted their products via live services.
Understanding of in-game economies and what levers can be pulled to alter/change a given economy in the product.
Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision-making.
Comfort with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics.
Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools. Strong Excel skills, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies.
Built or worked on at least one successful web or mobile consumer-facing product
Experience defining specs or PRDs with clear technical requirements, user flows and wireframes.
Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Product Manager (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-21 18:26:42.427
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.