Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 155005
Position Title: Game Designer II
In March 2009, FIFA introduced Ultimate Team as a new game mode. It was received incredibly well and seen as a groundbreaking mode for a sports title. Since then, it has grown and grown every year to become the biggest mode in the biggest sports video game in the world. Millions of gamers log in every day to build their team up the way that they want and then take that team onto the pitch to play in tournaments, seasons and esports competitions.
Ultimate Team has grown by carefully blending all that we know about making games fun and exciting and mixing it with the incredible passion that the world has for football. This mix of fantasy and authenticity means that it’s an extremely creative product, where ideas and features work to meet the dreams of our fans.
As Ultimate Team has grown as a product, the development team has also grown. With over 100 people in multiple locations, it’s a big mode to be working on. And now we want to expand it by recruiting an experienced game designer to join us in sunny (sometimes) Vancouver.
The Role: Game Designer
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who design features and experiences end to end ultimately to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world.
What an EA Game Designer Does:
As a Game Designer on FIFA, you will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You need to drive team culture by initiating, fostering, maintaining, and managing others towards positive working relationships with partners who are critical to both current and future development process. You must be a great team player and help form a stimulating and fun work environment.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
• Designing complex systems and tuning them for specific goals.
• Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
• Generating new ideas, but also taking exterior ideas and goals and successfully executing against those.
• Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
• Investigating and analyzing to validate ideas and opportunities.
Who You Are:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
• Understand how to effectively use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
• Create designs that target specific product metrics.
• Open to ideas and criticism, and not be precious about your ideas.
• Understand why an idea will or won’t work, and how to design in order to hit specific goals.
• Open minded around F2P strategies, and able to make them work in a gamer first environment
• Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of the product development process.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
What's In It For You:
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Not only do you get to work on one of the world’s most successful games, but you get to work at one of the world’s great studios in one of the world’s great cities. EA’s Burnaby campus has its own football pitch, volleyball court, inside and outside basketball courts, a large gym, 2 coffee shops, 2 cinemas, onsite car wash, hairdresser, tailor, physiotherapists, an arcade and a horde of amazing and friendly people. We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games It’s an inspiring place to work, and is one of the reasons why Ultimate Team continues to innovate and grow every year.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-26 22:20:47.52
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA