Quality Analyst II (Contract)
Location: Playa Vista, California US
Requisition Number: 155003
Position Title: Quality Analyst II
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a contract Quality Analyst II who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level.
The Quality Analyst II is responsible for executing test coverage on a set of game features or sub-features within the development QA space. The Quality Analyst will serve as the primary QA support for the development team’s current cycle, and help execute QA strategies that push test support upstream in the development process. They will also be able to mentor and train other Analysts on QA methodology and process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features and titles such as, but not limited to exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing…
- Perform confirmation and regression testing on fixed bugs across multiple titles.
- Written and verbal communication of defect information.
- Tracking of defects within proper pipelines to resolution.
- Researching of defects to provide detailed insight to all stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of individual systems in play within the game engine and how they interact.
- Qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues of usability.
- Document and build product knowledge bases.
- Drive smoke testing for daily build promotions and coordinate with other team members for reporting and troubleshooting.
- Analyze and report potential risks to features and systems and escalate as appropriate.
- Collaborate daily with members of Production and Development.
- Drafting detailed test plans and test suites for new feature or content testing.
- Able to recognize and accurately set the severity of issues.
- Help prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts.
- Assist with drafting detailed requirements for new features.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of team processes.
- Work with onsite and offsite teams to help drive the title to quality.
- Be the voice of quality for the project.
- Provide accurate status updates on any and all projects.
- Ability to Train, Mentor, and Onboard new analysts.
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and a success-based attitude. Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Ability to understand complex architecture dependencies with other systems.
- Ability to understand QAs involvement throughout the development cycle.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to identify risks and escalate to applicable stakeholders.
- Strong observational skills, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- Strong tracking and organizational skills.
- Passion to learn new technologies and systems with high degree of ownership.
- Ability to be flexible and team-oriented, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Proficiency with PC, Sony, and Microsoft platforms.
- Ability to problem solve by finding root causes and proposing viable solutions.
- Strong sense of urgency to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern proactively rather than reactively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous games industry experience on multiple platforms.
- Programming or scripting knowledge and experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Previous experience with editors and tools.
- Previous experience being embedded.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst II (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-22 16:04:49.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Playa Vista
Location_formattedLocationLong: Playa Vista, California US