DevOps Engineer (Contract)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 155000
Position Title: Contingent
EA is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us accelerate some of our Amazon Web Services related work. This individual should have at least a year (ideally more) of hands-on experiences with AWS. The individual should have strong communication skills, be detail oriented, and really passionate about “Automating All the Things”. You should feel comfortable in your ability to understand high level goals and able to translate them into specific operational actions independently.
- Act as the primary point for operations support within the Social team & interface with other EA operations teams and game teams
- Own game onboarding with Social
- Suggest and implement improvements to infrastructure as code and automate our infrastructure and EC2 deployments (Terraform) as well as our build automation systems (Bamboo).
- Strive for fully automated CI & CD pipeline
- Be the primary point of contact regarding cost estimates, current AWS costs, cost trends, etc. for both production and development environments.
- Manage IAM policies, provide access to various AWS resources; design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Help configure AWS VPC or Direct Connect networks as needed
- Work with other operations team within EA to come up with optimal system setup.
- Refine DevOps escalation processes for live site issues – participate in after hours operational support as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent) and at least 3 years hands-on experience maintaining unix based services.
- At least 2 years experience with DevOps role and experience with AWS services in particular. You should be comfortable with the AWS command line tools as well as the console.
- Expected AWS knowledge:EC2, Beanstalk, Cloudtrail & Cloudwatch, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, VPC, ELB, IAM.
- Some basic programming experience in Java, shell scripting, or python. (You can identify actions that are redundant and help automate them)
- You should be experienced with strategies to automate deployment and automate infrastructure, e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
Nice to have:
- Nice to have AWS knowledge: Docker compose, EMR, Redshift, AWS CodeDeploy.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-26 21:56:41.483
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US