Software Engineer II
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 154986
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA’s Quality Verification team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the mobile game automation group here at our new studio in downtown Seattle. Come and join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled, and more! Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development at a world class studio.
In this role, you will be part of a game development team that aims to constantly push the envelope in quality and design through cutting edge automation and tools. Leveraging technologies and experiences from EA’s strong automation ecosystem, your mission will be to drive machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. You also will be writing tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, as well as advocating for best practices through tools and process.
Our ideal candidate will have well rounded programming skills, be capable of working on all portions of a stack, and be able to independently assess and estimate tasks. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will be doing:
Scope and Impact:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Ownership and maintenance of studio automation systems, tooling, and processes.
- Design and deliver new tooling to support development and QA goals.
- Instrument and tool the product to facilitate test automation and the collection of runtime metrics.
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
- As needed, maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware.
- Uphold high quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
- 4+ years professional experience in C# or C++ development.
- 2+ years professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS).
- Full stack web development experience highly preferred (ASP.NET, php, or Flask).
- Strong understanding of software testing best practices and patterns.
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do.
- Experience profiling software, and understanding of key indicators which contribute to performant software.
- Demonstrated experience with iOS and/or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins or other CI system.
- Experience with containerized deployment systems such as Docker.
- Experience with Unity 3D engine.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-19 23:57:23.617
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.