Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154971
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are seeking an embedded Software/Quality Engineer to lead automation activities for EAX Player Network initiatives. The primary aspect of this role is working with the Quality Verification, Development and Site Reliability team to plan and execute the automation strategy in the CI/CD delivery pipeline for our product delivery teams. This means that effective communication skills across teams, and the ability to articulate requirements in epic/story format are crucial.
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience writing the automation test scripts and test cases
- The successful candidate will have a professional, friendly and approachable manner when working within cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience as a Software Engineer in Test or equivalent role
- Good knowledge of distributed application architecture and GraphQL APIs
- Good knowledge of SRE principles, in particular in Build and Release Engineering.
- Demonstrable hands on experience including:
- Quality Automation
- Provide technical leadership in release and test automation strategy, architecture and design.
- Expert in both creating and integrating with automation frameworks for use in automating tests
- Experience in QA process implementation in a CD environment.
- Understanding of feature experimentation frameworks and feature flags, and how to test multi-variant feature flags as part of delivery pipelines
- Delivery pipeline automation
- CI/CD process and practice. Jenkins or bamboo knowledge, artifactory, version control (git or p4), continuous deployment pipelines, jenkinsfile
- 2+ years of java or C++ and object-oriented development experience.
- Experience with scripting languages, particularly Ruby or Python.
Nice to have skills
- Strong knowledge in SQL, T-SQL, or Hive
- Driven by new and interesting challenges, love exploring new solutions and sharing those solutions with our teams
- Enjoys partnering with developers for code and design reviews and championing development best practices
- Has the desire to own features and products through implementation and documentation
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-22 17:58:02.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA