Location: Cologne, DE
Requisition Number: 154966
Position Title: Web Developer I
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Data Collection and Licensing (FIFA) team is looking for a Full Stack Web Developer. This person's primary responsibilities are to support an ongoing development of the online data collection tools used by the DCL production team and database required for FIFA game teams.
Please note that this is a fixed-term contract position until 15 June 2020.
What a Web Developer does at EA
- The candidate will be expected to ramp-up on the design and code of the new and existing applications.
- Develop and document requirements and specifications
- Propose and action enhancements to our technology suite to assist game teams
- Help drive the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the future roadmap for our tools and development
- .NET Core
- Microsoft SQL Server
The next great EA Web Developer needs
- 5 or more years industry technical experience working on building core technologies and consumer facing web sites
- Solid understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge about RESTful web services
- Understanding of HTML5 and ability to evaluate its application to our projects
- Solid understanding of web site security
- Strong focus on software performance and testability
- Knowledge of source control system like GIT
- Knowledge of CI\CD is nice to have
Please provide links to sites you have worked on and your role on these sites and/or your github account.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Autonomous and creative work in an intercultural environment.
- Great team spirit and professionalism in one of the most successful video games companies.
- Competitive compensation.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Training and career development.
- Flexible working hours related to your individual work-life balance.
- Professional preventive health care program.
- Further benefits include employee discounts, free public transportation tickets, games library, beverages and regular team events.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Web Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-21 15:23:03.063
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cologne, DE