NHL - Game Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154938
Position Title: Game Designer I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visitwww.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
This design position is responsible for gameplay content. The designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping and implementing gameplay features.
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owner.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely.
- Inspire game team through progressive, creative design.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game design methods, emerging platforms, player engagement, and live service campaigns.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent considered but not required.
- 2+ years industry experience specifically in game design or quality assurance.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual, mobile or sports game genres.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Thorough understanding of gameplay theories and interface design ability.
- Superior communication skills with experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills oriented towards achieving results.
- Experience with polishing and reiterating features post-launch based on player feedback and telemetry data strongly recommended.
- Experience with economy and monetization models strongly recommended.
Community / Marketing Title: NHL - Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-17 13:18:35.63
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA