C++ Software Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 154900
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing prototype applications, adding new features to the game, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
- Writes technical design specifications.
- Creates and maintains modular interface components.
- Develops common code to extend existing EA proprietary shared libraries
- Profiling and optimizing software components.
- Uses existing code bases & libraries, including contributing to and/or authoring Best Practices and SE Guidelines
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in a Client/Server environment
- Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra..
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset
- Knowledge and experience using Flash and specifically in tandem with Actionscript is an asset
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-09 20:36:29.277
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US