Data Science Intern in Marketing Analytics
Location: Geneva, Geneva CH
Requisition Number: 154898
Position Title: Intern General
Internship Duration: 6 months
We are EA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars, The Sims, Madden, Need for Speed and Mass Effect to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for a data science intern to join the Marketing Analytics team in Global Analytics & Insights. This individual will be based in the Geneva office, working closely with team members and stakeholders from all over the world in San Francisco, Vancouver, Stockholm and Bucharest. The right candidate will be able to drive decision-making insights to support EA’s central business teams in the product marketing, media, and publishing organizations.
What a Data Science Intern in Marketing Analytics does at EA:
- Own a project that may require you to:
- Develop machine learning models forecasting sales or predicting player behaviour.
- Design and analyse experiments to evaluate the performance of marketing strategies, campaigns, and other initiatives.
- Explore various sources of information (internal player data, survey results, research data, industry sources, sales data) to gain insights, support decision-making processes, and inform future strategy.
- Identify potential regional differences in consumption of media, playstyles, and consumer interests.
- Collaborate with other central teams to explore opportunities that can improve the player experience, optimize acquisition strategies, and drive incremental revenue and/or reduce costs.
- Communicate and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests related to a specific franchise or campaign.
The next great EA Marketing Analytics Intern also needs:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences
- Extensive experience with data analysis, modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Solid knowledge of SQL as well as familiarity with databases and data marts concepts.
- Proficiency of at least one statistical programming language such as R or python.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Dundas or R Shiny is preferred
- Team player and self-starter
- Passion for videogames is a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent location in Central Geneva, 10 minutes from the train station
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Intern in Marketing Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-21 19:32:50.54
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Geneva, Geneva CH