Senior Manager of Business Operations, Strategic Growth
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 154879
Position Title: DD II
The Strategic Growth Group within EA is a new business unit that brings focus and energy to the long-term growth opportunities for the company. Through initiatives and opportunities such as Competitive Gaming, Asia expansion and growth, content/game partnerships like EA Originals, and EA’s Player Network strategy, the teams within Strategic Growth operate with an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented mindset to invest in and accelerate the future of gaming.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, Operations & Strategy:
As part of the Strategic Growth Initiatives (SGI) team, you will be responsible for driving not just the overall business rhythm of the group but also helping to ensure that the engagement model and delivery of our strategy operates effectively across EA globally. All groups within SGI (Player Network, Competitive Gaming, Asia & EA Partners) rely significantly on the delivery of other EA teams - across marketing, analytics, publishing, studios, consumer experience and central technology to name a few. In this role you will need to think One Team, rallying support and tracking + helping to ensure delivery of key game and platform features. This requires a deep understanding of EA and appetite to lead via influence and partnership, as well as a comfort level interfacing with SGI Senior Leadership on key strategic initiatives.
- Central operational partnership across all SGI lines of business.
- Unlocks SGI’s ability to scale in the future, partners with group Ops leaders to remove barriers.
- Create and implement a Management Operating System for SGI.
- Schedule, ID agenda topics, run meetings, track actions and maintain momentum.
- Develop & implement a cadence to operational updates / external partnership updates via a regular meeting / email communication framework for SGI Exec Leadership.
- Coordinate investments / deliverable timelines between all SGI groups and all partner EA teams across the company and help define engagement / partner models to ensure success.
- Drive collaboration and a One Team culture across SGI and EA.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks / opportunities within SGI and with key partners.
- Central tracking & SGI Exec reporting of all major product and software delivery milestones across all key projects using/adapting EA’s Game Development Framework.
- Includes Player Network, Competitive Gaming, Asia studio products, Worldwide Studio Games launching in Asia and EA Partner games.
- Partner with SGI Exec and Corp Strategy team to help facilitate the development of long-term strategy and business models.
- Partner with Corporate Strategy and SGI Execs to maintain up-to-date status on all external partnership conversations
- Support and coordinate BOD reporting for all SGI groups.
- Partner with SGI teams to ensure delivery of gate & product reviews on schedule. Track dependencies, action items, risks and mitigations and ensure closure of all post-review deliverables.
- Partner with EA’s LEAP (Learning, Engagement & Performance) team to deliver SGI strategy / leadership offsite preparation & facilitation, including tracking and driving completion of all action items.
- Lead other operational initiatives as assigned by the VP, Finance, Operations & Strategy
- 10+ years experience in senior operations roles
- Proven expertise with the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously with operational excellence
- Familiarity with all the development worlds – Console/PC/Mobile
- Capability to communicate with business partners at the Exec level
- Understanding of co-development and global collaboration models
- Ability to learn and grow across a diverse portfolio
- Operate in an additive manner with operations leaders, helping them achieve goals by removing barriers
- Ability to influence across teams to deliver results collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Effective Communicator
- Organizational Ability
- Able to navigate complex regional and global relationships
- Problem Solving
- Strong influence Skills / High EQ
- Attention to Detail
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager of Business Operations, Strategic Growth
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-11 23:00:50.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.