Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154778
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Role: UI/Presentation Engineer
The UI/Presentation Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the domain of user/game engine interaction.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
• Writing C++ code to support GUI object behaviors, animations, cameras and transitions.
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines if required.
• Implement and maintain tools to support content creators.
• Debug and troubleshoot crash dump, memory issues.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or C# recommended).
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Basic 2D and 3D rendering knowledge.
• Prior experience shipping a console (i.e. PS4 or XB1) product.
• Demonstrated experience in designing usable, consumer-oriented user interfaces.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
• Experienced candidates should have expertise in several these fields: human computer interaction, human-centered design, techniques for optimizing code, memory and load time.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Excellent decision making capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-05 00:29:06.857
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA