FIFA - Associate Game Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154775
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
The Role: Associate Game Designer
At EA, our Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who design features and experiences end to end ultimately to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world.
What an Associate Game Designer Does:
You will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You need to drive team culture by initiating, fostering, maintaining, and managing others towards positive working relationships with partners who are critical to both current and future development process. You must be a great team player and help form a stimulating and fun work environment.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
- Designing complex systems and tuning them for specific goals.
- Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
- Generating new ideas, but also taking exterior ideas and goals and successfully executing against those.
- Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
- Investigating and analyzing to validate ideas and opportunities.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Designer working in medium/large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
- Understand how to effectively use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
- Create designs that target specific product metrics.
- Open to ideas and criticism, and not be precious about your ideas.
- Understand why an idea will or won’t work, and how to design in order to hit specific goals.
- Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of the product development process.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
- Knowledge and passion for Soccer is preferred, but not essential
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA - Associate Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-05 00:28:34.007
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA