Senior Environment Artist (EA Partners Studio)
Location: Offsite - New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 154766
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
EA has recently partnered with an independent New York based studio focused on creating ground-breaking innovative game experiences across existing and emerging platforms. They believe in maintaining a collaborative, diverse, and creative team environment and are looking for new team members who have a desire to help grow the studio.
About the Role:
We focus on gameplay that is accessible to new gamers but also provides deeper, more complex designs for the core gaming audience. Visually we are focused on whimsical and playfully stylized looks. We want to delight and challenge our audience, no matter who they are!
If you are an experienced Environment Artist full of curiosity and a passion for crafting engaging, eye-catching visuals, we want to hear from you.
- Create, model and texture high-resolution game/level environments and other game objects.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Game Designers, and Programmers to ensure art assets are high quality, support the artistic direction of our projects, and are fully optimized for target platforms.
- Work with the Art Director to develop and maintain a pipeline tailored for our Environment Art team.
- Be proactive in problem-solving, cross-discipline brainstorming, and representing the Environment Art team in appropriate meetings throughout project production cycles.
- Be willing to help the Art Director in mentoring and guiding artists at all levels.
- Engage in R&D efforts on new techniques and technologies to implement into our production pipeline.
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
- 5+ years of industry experience as an Environment Artist, or other relevant experience.
- Expertise in modeling, texturing, hard-surface and material work for environments and props.
- Experience with modern art principles and techniques such as lighting, composition, color theory, and staging.
- A strong understanding of modern artistic toolsets and typical AAA game engine experience.
- Advanced understanding of 3DSMax/Maya, Allegorithmic’s Substance, ZBrush, Adobe Photoshop, and/or other game production tools.
- Good technical art understanding in order to better work with our engineering team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-direction, passion, and creativity in your work.
- A receptiveness to feedback and the ability to act successfully on direct critique.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership position.
- Examples of working with PBR.
- An affinity for stylization.
- Experience or skill in one or more additional disciplines (character, vfx, level design, etc.).
- Ability to create from your own ideas, not just from pre-existing concept art.
- Examples from personal projects.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Environment Artist (EA Partners Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-26 12:04:33.527
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Offsite - New York
Location_formattedLocationLong: Offsite - New York, New York US