Temp Dialogue Assistant (Star Wars)
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 154627
Position Title: Audio Artist II
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and recently shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends. We are currently hiring for our Star Wars™, Apex Legends, and Super Secret VR game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a passionate Dialogue Editor who will work closely with our dialogue and audio team to provide support with organization and integration of voiceover files for our Jedi: Fallen Order game. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about dialogue and audio in games, who wants to help tell an amazing story and create an immersive gaming experience through delivering character dialogue and interaction.
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and onsite at our studio in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
What’s it like to be a Dialogue Editor at Respawn?
- Day to Day - As a Dialogue Editor on our audio team, you will assist with script preparation for VO recording sessions, assist with VO editorial, integrate VO files into Wwise and Unreal game engine, and assist with localization deliveries and integrate into Wwise. You will receive and organize VO deliveries from outsourced editorial vendor, and help maintain VO database organization and subtitle accuracy. You will also provide general support for our Dialogue Lead on a daily basis.
- Independence and Teamwork - As a Dialogue Editor will have the opportunity to do your best work under the support of leadership but without micromanagement. Creating the best audio and narrative for the game is a team effort, and you will also work closely with talented developers within audio as well as other disciplines. As part of a small audio team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- Values - Our audio team members are aligned on their values. They share their inspiration, knowledge, and passion with the others in their department. They aspire to treat everything they work on as a personal masterpiece. They play the game and are encouraged to speak up if they see anything that is not up to our high standards. They put their time and passion into what will have the biggest payoff for both developers and players.
What do we look for in Technical Animator candidates?
- Professional Expertise - What we’d like to see in your background is some professional experience in games as a Dialogue Editor. If you don’t have professional experience, we’d love to see demonstrable skills through your school or personal work that is specifically game related.
- Technical Chops - We look for Dialogue Editor candidates who have experience working with Wwise as well as integrating audio into a game engine. Ideally you will have knowledge of and experience specifically with the Unreal engine. Ideal candidates will also have experience with Reaper or an equivalent DAW (Pro Tools, Nuendo, etc).
- A Spirit for Collaboration - As mentioned above, making games is a group effort and you will be working closely with other talented developers. We look for people who would be happy to support the efforts of others by assisting with dialogue needs and keeping deliveries organized.
- Passion - We look for audio candidates who are highly passionate. As a member of our Jedi: Fallen Order team, your passion for narrative based games will help drive you to do your best work. Our audio team is constantly sharing knowledge and working to raise the quality bar. No one is phoning it in here – our team members love what they do and it shows in our games.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people who can balance their drive to make cool stuff with the understanding of what is highest priority for the game.
- Teamwork – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work towards what’s best for the game. Making games is a group effort and you will collaborate closely with other departments. Teamwork is very important to our success.
Ideally, you also will have...
Professional game development experience.
A strong understanding of video game development pipelines.
Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and reel and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Temp Dialogue Assistant (Star Wars)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-13 22:54:50.917
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US