Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154626
Position Title: Dir, User Experience Research
As part of the Motive Studios (Montreal & Vancouver), the UX Director will be responsible for defining the Experience Design vision across multiple IPs setting XD Direction.in close collaboration with UX researchers, art directors, game designers/producers, UX designers, UI designers, UI engineers and other key stakeholders.
- Drive Experience Design vision and strategy on the team level while establishing business context
- Lead teams in framing and solving hard problems rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Has driven innovative efforts that uncovers new value with new kinds of experiences
- Partners with senior stakeholders to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges.
- Integrate Experience Design frameworks to support player centered game development
- Provide leadership in a fast paced work environment requiring an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Lead, Inspire, Mentor and Develop others on the Design team
- Mentor junior UX and UI designers, game designer and stakeholders on user centered design principles and methodologies
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience.
- +3 years leading and managing design teams
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Advanced experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to lead a team to effectively translate player data into design solutions and quickly iterate on them
- Efficient and effective at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Ability to work and teach across multiple cross-functional product teams, moving effortlessly between smallest details and highest level strategy.
- Passion for games
- Experience in game development
Community / Marketing Title: UX Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-20 22:07:25.71
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA