Data Analyst (Apex Legends)
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 154624
Position Title: Senior Analyst
We’re looking for a highly skilled Data Analyst who will develop a data pipeline, analyze massive data sets and create relevant reports to provide actionable insights for the studio. If you like Apex Legends and want to be a part of a game that is growing incredibly quickly, come join us and help create an incredible experience for our players.
*In this position, it is ideal to have a deep understanding of games and a passion for Apex Legends. You will be using your knowledge of video games to help analyze data that will help the development team make important decisions. We’d love to see a cover letter explaining your passion for games and Apex Legends, and why this role would be a good fit with your skills and background.
What’s it like to be a Data Analyst at Respawn?
- Day to Day - As a Data Analyst on our team, you will conduct analysis using statistical software, databases, spreadsheets, and reporting tools. You will design, evaluate and monitor key metrics, while leveraging your expertise to understand the root causes of changes in metrics. You will develop and maintain scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources. You will build and share live dashboards and reports complete with user documentation. You will also perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Ownership - You will have the opportunity to pioneer the studio’s analytics discipline to help teams make data-informed decisions that drive amazing player experiences in a live service environment. You will bring novel perspectives and identify new opportunity spaces by challenging existing viewpoints, all in the effort to help build a better game. You will have the space to proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise. As part of a lean, focused team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- Teamwork - You will collaborate closely with talented people within your team as well as other disciplines. You will work directly with the game design team, analyzing massive sets of information to bring actionable data-backed recommendations (examples include weapon balance analysis or progression system efficacy). Over time, you will also have the opportunity to drive the growth of the analytics discipline by helping to build a team of data analysts and scientists to support a thriving live service. Delivering the best gaming experience for our players is a group effort, and your working relationships with others will matter.
- Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one’s work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in Data Analyst candidates?
- Professional Expertise - . We need people who have a solid background in successfully analyzing large data sets and synthesizing findings into actionable product decisions. We look for analysts who have a good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods. It is important that our analysts have excellent math and analytical skills including statistics, simulation, and optimization. The job will also require expert data visualization techniques for charts and reports - good knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau, as well as excellent database and SQL knowledge.
- Passion for and Deep Understanding of Games- We look for Analysts who have deep player expertise in one or more game genres. You’ll do your best work if you have a passion for FPSs and enjoy playing Apex Legends. Ideally gaming is a core part of your life, and you’ll bring the depth of your knowledge and judgement to the table when analyzing data sets and metrics.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a passion for quality.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
An applied math, economics, computer science or related degree. Graduate degree preferred, but can be replaced by relevant work experience in a corporate insights or consulting role.
Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-12 23:32:10.2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US