Procedural Software Engineer (Frostbite)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 154602
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Frostbite Procedural Engineer do?
The Procedural team works at developing and bringing the latest cutting-edge procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and richer games. A procedural team engineer is called to work from low-level mesh processing and low-level content database code up to high-level UI and DCC workflows code. We hope you will join our team to drive the procedural asset generation forward and contribute to the success of EA’s biggest titles.
- Help in developing procedural technology in the Frostbite Engine that provides leading-edge tools and libraries for games around the globe.
- Design, develop and implement high-quality code to deliver cutting edge features for EA's flagship products.
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers.
- Work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science related field.
- High level of proficiency with C++, and some understanding of C#
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing highly maintainable, structured and documented code
- Advanced software development skills such as, object-oriented design patterns, test driven development, etc.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
Preferred/Optional Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core utilization, runtime profiling and optimization, cross-platform development
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
- Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
- Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus an annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Procedural Software Engineer (Frostbite)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-11 14:21:53.26
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.