Environment Artist (EA Originals Studio)
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154591
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Originals has recently partnered with a Guildford based studio and they’re growing fast! Right now they’re busy building an unannounced game for PC and consoles about creating, exploring and the joy of discovery.
This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in our expanding team. Reporting to the company’s Art Director you’ll be working closely with them and the rest of the team as you help take responsibility for making 3D assets, environments and materials for our next, unannounced game for PC and consoles. As we are a super-small company, you will also have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to all areas of the project and studio culture.
As an Environment Artist you will be…
- Researching, concepting, and prototyping 3D things!
- Translating 2D concept artwork, as well as written and verbal direction into playable game art
- Getting involved in setting the broader visual style of the game
- Work closely with artists and coders to get quality artwork into the game.
- Working fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen
The ideal candidate will have…
- A solid portfolio, demonstrating an ability to create a variety of high quality game-ready 3d assets from start to finish
- Demonstrable expertise in 3d software (Maya or 3ds Max)
- Ability to create incredible textures and materials
Bonus for points for…
- Examples of a broad ranging artistic talent that demonstrates an aesthetic eye and visual flair (including, but not limited to: games design, life drawing, photography, concepts, writing, acting, music, teaching, dance)
- Experience as an artist on released titles
- Experience using ZBrush
Community / Marketing Title: Environment Artist (EA Originals Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-08 12:15:21.187
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB