Producer (EA Originals Studio)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 154590
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Originals has recently partnered with a Guildford based studio and they’re growing fast! Right now they’re busy building an unannounced game for PC and consoles about creating, exploring and the joy of discovery.
This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in our expanding team. Reporting to the company’s co-founders you’ll be working closely with them and the rest of the team as you help take responsibility for resources, scheduling and completion of deliverables. You’ll be involved at an early stage of the project, taking us from pre-production to completion. You will need to excel in managing both the high level tasks as well as dealing with all the usual minutia of problems and issues that occur during production.
As a Producer you will…
- Jump enthusiastically into understanding the scope of the game and break it down into a manageable schedule.
- Work alongside the rest of the team and start getting a feel for what assistance and resources are required, and when.
In 6 months you will be…
- A central, supportive member of our small team, helping to keep everything on track.
- Open and candid about the state of the project and the schedule, helping us to maintain high quality whilst staying on schedule and in budget, but not to the detriment of the team.
- Running daily catch ups, maintaining task, backlog and bug lists.
- Organising fortnightly sprint reviews / show and tells with the team, with a written report of progress to be sent to relevant stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will…
- Be a great communicator and people person.
- Develop schedules and resource requirements to achieve the project’s vision.
- Build strong relationships within the team, keep everyone talking to one another and help inspire them to reach targeted deliverables.
- Anticipate the key risks of the project in advance, and recommend plans of action to handle the unknown issues that arise during development.
- Have excellent knowledge of project management software and other task tracking tools.
- Have experience managing a project across multiple platforms.
- Have experience working with teams of 20+ people,
Bonus for points for…
- In-depth knowledge of the games industry and production processes.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and resources.
- A passion for making games and an understanding of technical and creative concepts.
- Production experience on a ‘live’ service.
Community / Marketing Title: Producer (EA Originals Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-08 12:15:42.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.