Game Designer (EA Originals Studio)
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154589
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Originals has recently partnered with a Guildford based studio and they’re growing fast! Right now they’re busy building an unannounced game for PC and consoles about creating, exploring and the joy of discovery.
This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in their expanding team. Reporting to the company’s Design Director, you’ll be working closely with him and helping the rest of the team bring the vision of the project to life; crafting awesome game features that will delight our players and excite those that spend time watching them. You are joining at a critical early stage of the project and will have the opportunity to influence the direction and implementation of key areas of the game.
As a Game Designer you will…
- Jump headfirst into the project, understand the scope of the game and identify key areas where you think you can make a real difference.
- Be self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges, taking ownership of key parts of the game.
In 6 months you will be…
- Developing key technical systems to support our game and working with gameplay data to ensure they remain fun and balanced.
- Focused on the small details; understanding what makes a ‘fun’ feature and what is required to turn it into a highly focused and polished one.
- Happy jumping around key parts of the project, designing or iterating on a key feature on one day, to building a level or quest the next. Nothing is off limits for you.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have previous experience building satisfying and fun combat systems.
- Previous experience working on (or an intense love of) action RPG games.
- Be a great communicator, helping lead key game features across different disciplines, with excellent written and verbal skills.
Bonus for points for…
- Previous experience as a level designer or a scripter.
- Experience working on a live product game.
- Programming or non-visual scripting experience.
- Ability to build whitebox assets using 3D packages such as Maya.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Designer (EA Originals Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-08 12:16:04.113
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB