Quality Analyst (Contract)
Location: Gothenburg, SE
Requisition Number: 154587
Position Title: Contingent
We Are GHOST
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At GHOST, we all share the passion to create something extraordinary. We strive to deliver world class experiences, so we demand the very best from ourselves. For us, creativity is not a skill with any one individual so much as a mindset. By exercising a flat hierarchy and nurturing an attentive design process, we listen to all the crazy ideas thrown around the office. We believe there is no better place to grow professionally, find new friends, and kick back after a hard day’s work.
The Challenge Ahead
QA analysts at GHOST are deeply embedded in development and are responsible for testing, documenting and analyzing the game during production.
The analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An analyst acts as a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that it´s features are tested in the correct way as well as ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations.
The Next Great GHOST Quality Analyst Needs
The Design Analyst must have a solid understanding of game progression systems and economy balance, and how these can be tied together through a narrative framework. They will work closely with the Development team to verify the game balance and will utilize data analysis from various data sources related to these areas to inform decision making in both test plans and tuning.
Good English language skills (written and verbal) are necessary in order to document features and communicate them to colleagues. IT competence, including use of spreadsheets and database packages, is also required. Above all, Analysts must be avid games players. They must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
- Ambitious, determined, hard-working
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills
- Capability to be flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency
- Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Understanding of various game balance challenges, economic systems and narrative practices
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
- Good knowledge of gaming consoles and software: strong interest in video games and/or software testing
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Analyst (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-12 12:12:18.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gothenburg, SE