Sr. Manager, Payments Operations and Partnerships
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154577
Position Title: Sr Manager Program Management
We Are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 10,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play!
Our Electronic Arts Digital Platform (EADP) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms, with a mission to change how the world plays games. We take pride in our creativity, innovation and technical excellence. Our work environment is fun, fast paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games and internet services and we're looking for high energy, intelligent and highly motivated leaders with a just-do-it attitude to join us.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform’s Commerce and Identity (C&I) team designs and operates an industry-leading service platform that provides hundreds of millions of gamers with personalized experiences — including account registration, login, account security, offers catalog, check-out, fraud prevention, billing & payments, entitlements & DRM services, subscription management, and transactional messaging.
As the Sr. Manager, Payments Operations and Partnerships, you will help drive our digital services for millions of passionate gamers worldwide. Your work ensures payment systems and vendors are seamlessly and flawlessly integrated with us, so players can easily buy and experience our world class games. In addition, you will own the strategy for building and managing a global network of local Payment Partners that produce the right mix of optimal payment options.
- Manage reporting and monitor metrics to analyze payment platform performance.
- Partner with Engineering to lead optimization opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and performance benchmarks
- Support launches of new payment options, vendor onboarding and new game releases
- Drive issue and incident identification and business impact analysis
- Work with external payment partners and vendors; manage existing C&I partnerships
- Contribute requirements and insight to create world class products and processes to operate a global online payment platform.
- Identify and select new payment providers and account risk technology vendors globally
- Define contract terms and negotiate service rates
- Develop effective working relationships with our partners
- Coordinate partner-related projects with our Product, Back-Office, Compliance, Program, Engineering, and Operations teams. Act as their point of escalation
- Define and monitor metrics to improve partners’ performance; lead QBRs
- Determine and execute card interchange optimization strategies
- Benchmark partner network against EA’s competition as well as EA’s partners.
- Establish best practices; influence direction based on industry knowledge and market research
- Leverage partners’ marketing/promotion power
- Become the EA go-to person for digital payments
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task and work both independently and as part of an agile team
- Creative problem solver
- Results-driven and highly quantitative
- True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive of experience in digital payments, ideally on a multi-regional or global scale as well as experience growing partnerships (domestically and internationally).
- In-depth payment business and technical domain knowledge including interchange, payment systems, payment risk, business development, tax, legal, and accounting.
- Experience working closely with both business and engineering functions.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills including the ability to interpret large structured data, develop recommendations and analysis.
- Experience in either Account or Payment Risk is plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and statistical/reporting tools (Tableau), preferred.
- Exposure to scripting or coding (Java, Python, Perl etc.) a plus.
- Experience working with transactional systems, processes or analytics in a technology company, preferred.
- Previous exposure to e-commerce, online payments (global and local), digital goods and/or gaming industry preferred.
- BS degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science or others.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Payments Operations and Partnerships
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-12 01:08:35.28
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US