IT Systems Administrator
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 154573
Position Title: IT Specialist II
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The UX Research team is seeking an IT Systems Administrator who is technically savvy and who has experience or interest in all the latest and greatest gaming hardware and networks. If you are that person, you will be working alongside our user researchers and operational support team who deliver game-changing user research data to all game teams across EA. You need to know your way around all our supported gaming hardware, from Microsoft and Sony test kits to PC gaming rigs to mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. You need to be organized and driven as you will take ownership of our labs and ensure they are running well.
As a UXR IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the IT infrastructure powering our Research labs around the world. This includes performing architecture assessments, maintaining and automating our systems, moving towards a standards-based environment and working directly with the game development team to identify and fulfil game dependencies. As part of your day-to-day tasks, you’ll work closely with our research, recruiting and moderator teams to set up sessions and be the main point of contact for all technical matters.
- Work with the research and game teams on a global scale to configure and organize lab space for playtest/research studies
- Manage the installation of prototypes and game builds ensuring the smooth execution of research studies
- Suggest opportunities to improve lab infrastructure and increase infrastructure reliability by identifying and executing optimization opportunities
- Administer the configuration and resource tracking of all testing hardware such as Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s PlayStation test kits
- Provide problem resolution, configuration, and installation of PC hardware and peripherals, to include, but not limited to desktop PCs, laptops, and Servers
The next UXR - IT Systems Administrator should have experience in the following:
- Experience from working in a Microsoft based environment with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with working with various distributions of Linux (we mainly use CentOS and Ubuntu)
- (nice to have)
- Experience in programming/scripting languages, preferably Python
- System automation (deployment and configuration management), preferably Saltstack
- A desire to automate and improve processes, standardizing tools and technologies
It would be great if you know a thing or two on this list:
- Experience with working with PS4/Xbox One test/devkits
- Experience with datacenter hardware such as servers, storage and network equipment
- Video streaming, using tools like OBS Studio, XSplit, FFMpeg, Nginx-RTMP,
- Experience with source code management tools, preferably git
- Monitoring services using tools like Zabbix
- Integrating open source tools and software
- VMware/vSphere or other virtualization platforms
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga, badminton and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at EA, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: IT Systems Administrator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-11 08:36:42.127
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE