Fall 2019: Quality Assurance Tester - Intern (BS)
Location: Pasadena, California US
Requisition Number: 154546
Position Title: Intern General
*Must be available for a fulltime internship September - November
Requirements for Internship:
- We are currently recruiting candidates enrolled full-time in U.S. accredited universities with an internship/co-op program pursing a Bachelors’, Masters’, or PHD level degree. You must be currently enrolled and not eligible for graduation until after your internship ends. Recent college graduates or those who will graduate prior to the start of the internship program are not eligible for the program.
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!.
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance Tester - Intern
We’re looking for a highly motivated and passionate Quality Assurance Tester to join our QV team to help test an exciting new mobile title.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to develop, hone and learn new technical skills whilst contributing within the test engineering team helping delivering technical solutions to enable quality KPIs, then look no further!
- You will be learning and taking direction from senior members of the QV team, contributing to daily test duties and interface with domain experts i.e. designers, engineers, production staff
- Comfortable, articulate communicator with some ability to converse on a slightly technical level at times or at least be able to understand some technical information
- Executes testing duties including, but not limited to: writing and updating test scripts against product requirements, running test plans, verifying and regressing builds, translating quality KPIs into action plans
- Able to write highly detailed, concise defect bug reports, so the ability to understand game mechanics and systems, some technical frameworks and generally be able to identify/diagnose the root cause of problems and articulate then in written form will be expected
- Potential for some technical involvements writing and/or implementation of automated test scripts
- Able to maintain good housekeeping rules within the QV team to ensure product quality is clear and concise at all times
- Supports the engineering and product teams by validating product requirements through a range of testing practices, methodologies and tools for mobile testing
- The ability to think critically, identify and help solve problems through analysis, investigation and reporting
- Will learn and develop analytical skills to help understand metrics behind Quality KPIs and how they can be tracked to understand product quality trends and statues
- Would suit someone who is passionate about games and looking for exposure into the industry
- Shows some aptitude in being able to identify and understand technical problems
- Motivated self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under supervision, comfortable conversing within an engineering discipline with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
- Working towards some computer science/engineering related degree
- Passion for computer games and mobile gaming!
Community / Marketing Title: Fall 2019: Quality Assurance Tester - Intern (BS)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-05 00:42:00.837
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Pasadena
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pasadena, California US