Fall 2019: Software Engineer in Test Intern (BS/MS)
Location: Pasadena, California US
Requisition Number: 154546
Position Title: Intern General
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Software Engineer in Test - Intern
We’re looking for a highly motivated and aspiring junior software engineer to join our test engineering and QV team to help deliver best-in-class quality engineering solutions for an exciting new mobile title.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to develop, hone and learn new technical skills whilst contributing within the test engineering team helping delivering technical solutions to enable quality KPIs, then look no further!
- Contribute and support to full stack test engineering solutions for game clients, tools, server and game engine:
- Frontend automation and scripting
- Technical testing and support of game tools and engine
- Server based API contract testing and scripting
- Understanding, reporting and identifying quality KPI i.e. network performance, load/scalability testing, app performance monitoring
- Aid in timely delivery and maintenance of technical solutions to enable quality engineering KPIs against product roadmaps and delivery gates
- Learn how to challenging upstream quality issues, helping identify potential solutions to mitigate risks
- Would suit someone who enjoys the challenge of being able to identify technical problems
- Some practical experience within one or all of the following: Java/C#/C++/Python/Node.js
- Some practical experience with CI/CD tools, best practices and principles
- Shows some aptitude in being able to identify and understand technical problems
- Motivated self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under supervision, comfortable conversing within an engineering discipline with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
- Ideally some practical experience with one or more of the following: Unreal Engine, Unity, iOS and/or Android development
- Some practical experience with scripting languages
- Working towards some computer science/engineering related degree
- Passion for computer games!
*Must be available for a fulltime internship September - November
Requirements for Internship:
- We are currently recruiting candidates enrolled fulltime in U.S. accredited universities with an internship/co-op program pursing a Bachelors’, Masters’, or PHD level degree. You must be currently enrolled and not eligible for graduation until after your internship ends. Recent college graduates or those who will graduate prior to the start of the internship program are not eligible for the program.
Community / Marketing Title: Fall 2019: Software Engineer in Test Intern (BS/MS)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-05 00:42:00.837
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Pasadena
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pasadena, California US