Payroll Coordinator (Regular Part Time)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 154504
Position Title: Specialist II, Accounting
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: The U.S. EA Payroll Department is responsible for the end to end payroll processing of 4,000 employees based in the United States. We manage employee payroll updates in order to provide an accurate payroll check to all US employees. In addition to external tax reporting, quarterly and annual, we issue year-end tax documents. We provide general ledger reporting and reconciliation and participate in internal and external audits.
Purpose and Scope
This is a part time position in US Payroll Department (8:30am-3pm). It requires basic knowledge of payroll and ability to handle queries and provide excellent customer support to business partners and EA employees. The Payroll Coordinator role is a key role and will be responsible for supporting various tasks that impacts the day to day processing. This position requires participation in department initiatives, while consistently demonstrating EA values.
Responsibilities - This role will be responsible for managing the incoming and outgoing mailings and communications along with managing Payroll Helpdesk. Some of the key responsibilities include but not limited to
- Handling Payroll inquiries received via email or phone
- Directing calls from the Payroll Hotline
- Answering and/or forwarding Email inquiries to team, as needed.
- Receiving calls from the Payroll Call Box for onsite employee assistance
- Managing Payroll Communications to regular full time, part time, transfers and interns for all payroll related activities
- Maintain & upkeep of the intranet US Payroll Portal site
- Manage user administration for payroll work center and handle access related queries
- Manage receiving mail, stamping, logging and distributing
- Receive, record [timestamp], log and distribute incoming Legal documents; Garnishments, Levies and other wage withholding orders.
- Record incoming checks in Check Log & manage distribution of onsite checks to employees/HR Business Partners
- Manage Filing and Record Keeping for department
- Responsible for creating files as per each Work Day import for new hires and terminations
- Organize and file biweekly payroll data inputs/reports
- Organization and filing of SOX related documents
- Assist in pulling of support documents for audit, as needed
- May be required to assist with data entry & reporting from payroll system & other EA applications.
- May be responsible for getting signatures on payroll checks/funding
- Assist on projects as assigned by management from time to time
Education and Training
The Payroll Administrator is required to have education / be proficient in the following areas:
- High School diploma plus 1 to 2 years of Payroll transaction processing environment is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll processing as defined by payroll management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively with business partners, and employees
- Some Payroll experience a plus
- PC proficiency - Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Other Required Skills
- Must be physically fit to handle filing and move boxes from one location to another
- Must be punctual, proactive and self-motivated
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have ability to exercise sound business judgment in all areas of responsibility
- Must be a reliable team player with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate strong follow-through skills
- Must demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment and discretion
This role may potentially grow and be trained on actual payroll processing.
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Coordinator (Regular Part Time)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-31 17:57:09.68
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US