Concept Art Internship
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 154489
Position Title: Intern General
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
We are looking for an interested and enthusiastic student who wants to join DICE for an internship as a Concept Artist. As a Concept Artist Intern at DICE you will learn how to develop visually captivating experiences to our players and help drive the art direction of our games. You will be exploring a multitude of areas and aspects of our games, from character and environment design to User Interface and marketing material. Having your internship here at DICE has never been more exciting!
What you will be doing
- Be a part of the Concept Art team and assist the Art Director in defining the look of our games through explorative imagery and by creating specific visual targets that are impossible to find as photo references.
- Support artists and the wider team with ideas and solutions that are quicker to execute and agree on as 2D art, before becoming in-game content. This includes sketches, detailed paint-overs and storyboards for both gameplay and narrative.
- Look for ways to broaden and deepen the visuals of our games.
What we look for
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals and an appreciation for all things visual, such as games, movies, fashion, nature, architecture, etc.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong artistic qualities and abilities in traditional and/or digital media.
- A familiarity with a broad range of mediums and techniques, including painting, 3D, photography, cinematography, sculpture, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and visual communication skills.
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
This internship is unpaid and temporary employment. It needs to be associated with a University education or any other type of education that has an internship period planned into the education plan. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden.
Please apply online with a CV and Cover Letter. Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered and you may be asked to perform a work assignment during the hiring process.
Community / Marketing Title: Concept Art Internship
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-29 16:44:00.97
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.