Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154434
Position Title: Senior Accountant II
This is an excellent opportunity to be a member of a fast paced, high performance Accounting Team. The Canada Corporate Accounting team is responsible for:
- Providing timely and accurate financial information that is transparent to our users.
- Creating and enforcing key controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and promote compliance with external regulations.
Be a part of a globally integrated team, capable of continuously improving our systems, processes, and controls, to proactively discharge our financial and transactional responsibilities, as well as serve as valued partners in supporting our business operations.
- Capable of leading aspects of the financial statement close process and partners with our remote GL team at our EA Hyderabad location to ensure that financial results for Canada/Florida are delivered on time and are complete, accurate, and compliant with internal policies and external regulations.
- Supports North America (NA) & Global general ledger close process by 1) preparing and loading corporate accrual entries 2) reviewing and certifying balance sheet reconciliations and 3) preparing NA & Global reports which analyze trends vs. quarter, year-to-date & prior year.
- Reviews and monitors the Canadian and US tax credit accruals against the terms and conditions of the relative agreements or legislation for accuracy and entitlement. Also, monitor claim process to ensure the annual claim is consistent with the amount accrued.
- Facilitates the compilation of EA Inc.’s balance sheet FX hedging forecasts to Treasury and performs analytics to bridge forecast to actuals.
- Partners with Treasury and external fund managers to prepare the monthly investment entries for EA Inc. and EA International.
- Partners with Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, Treasury and Legal teams to review contracts and provide guidance and financial information to support current and long-range planning and strategy.
- Utilizes knowledge of the organizational structure and systems architecture to play an integral role (through project work) involving annual global alignment initiatives for our GL and Shared Services (P2P, AR, Payroll) functions.
- Continuously evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to processes impacting the GL close for US and Canada, Canada shared services teams and Treasury balance sheet FX hedging.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s university degree required, preferably finance-related. Professional accounting designation is preferred. Minimum 4 years of relevant business experience
- Advanced accounting and financial skills required
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Oracle R12 an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Confidentiality and integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Very comfortable with building consensus through positive conflict.
- Customer focused
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-28 18:46:22.037
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA