Studio Technical Director - Red Crow Austin
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154413
Position Title: Principal Technical Director
STUDIO TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of mobile hits like FIFA, Madden, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and SimCity BuildIt.
Our growing Mobile Studio – Red Crow – in Austin Texas, is seeking an experienced Studio Technical Director to work on the upcoming launch of a new social strategy game, Star Wars: Rise to Power.
In Star Wars: Rise to Power, any Star Wars fan can fight for their place as a Hero in the Galactic Wars, acquiring and deploying massive fleets of ships (from small stunt fighters to massive capital ships), iconic characters, and planetary bases, putting the galactic conflict directly into the Player’s hands.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional Leader, fostering and mentoring an emerging Team of developers, driving technical planning and executing compelling, innovative and immersive experiences as the most senior engineering leader on the Game Team. This role involves a high level of interaction with the Studio Team, Product Leadership, and Technical Partners. You are the technical subject matter expert, balancing strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations to delight our Players.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the Studio – both technological strength and mentorship – inspiring and motivating the Engineering Team with enthusiasm and dedication
- Drive a development culture of healthy accountability, maximizing potential and pride in accomplishments
- Build an effective partnership with the Studio General Manager, establishing trust and credibility with executive staff and stakeholders
- Lead the Engineering discipline, hire into and grow the discipline, provide regular coaching, mentorship and career development to Technical Directors
- Set Studio technical standards and policies, define high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets
- Create and manage a Studio technical roadmap to forecast delivery dates and account for dependencies and risk
- Approve high-risk/impact technical designs, implementation strategies, and live service support plans
- Ensure the quality, performance and stability of technical deliverables meet commitments
- Principle reviewer and approver of technical gates and milestone review approvals
- Leads key partnerships as principal relationship manager with executive leaders throughout the company
- Works with IT to provide world-class development environments
- Works with Studio discipline Leaders and external partners to drive creation of world-class tools and efficiencies for Studio developers
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and risks
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners
- Work as part of the Studio Leadership Team
- Understand and help define product vision and business needs
- Represent the Studio and Teams to stakeholders
- Balance technical, product and business requirements to achieve successful outcomes
- Empower and manage expectations for production and design
- Partner on development processes and project planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- 12+ years software development experience
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games
- Deep knowledge of one of the following languages: C#/Java/C++
- Solid knowledge of game application technology, spanning client and server systems
- Experience working within an agile development process
- Experience with distributed development
- Experience running a large-scale live service
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Communication skills – both written and verbal – critical.
- Servant Leadership a must.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Unity/AWS/Redis/Jenkins
- Expertise in iOS and Android platform development
- Prior experience with console/PC development
- MMO live service experience
- Distributed systems experience
Contact Rebecca Davis in recruiting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: Studio Technical Director - Red Crow Austin
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-30 18:06:33.48
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US