Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 154400
Position Title: IT Specialist II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Site IT is part of the Global IT team reporting into the CIO. We have a wide range of functions, in many EA locations. While primarily focused on local onsite support we collaborate across the world.
Working within the desktop support team, taking the lead role in significant desktop related projects the role is to provide IT support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness.
The Site Support team is primarily based in the UK and part of the EA wide Employee Experience team.
The successful candidate should be comfortable communicating directly with people and teams with differing levels of technical expertise in a variety of business units from Development Engineers and Marketing teams to HR and Executives.
- Maintain an excellent client relationship as the interface with the various teams.
- Understand and keep abreast of business needs to align work and priorities as well as help improve technologies and operations.
- Lead by setting example, encourage creativity, curiosity and constant improvement.
- Coordinate budget as well as purchasing of hardware and software for studio needs, lifecycle management.
- Liaising with various IT teams to drive and participate in projects, compliance with global IT security standards, technology research, and testing, maximize system performance, reliability as well as resolve issues
- Hands-on in the day to day operations of the site where required, including installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT equipment.
- Administration of Windows and Mac desktop environments including configuring, upgrading, packaging and deployment, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
Any of the following experience would be advantageous:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Purchasing and asset management.
- Project planning and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to document and share solutions with team members.
- Excellent knowledge of support for Windows 10 and MacOS.
- Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, and an understanding of current hardware standards and future releases.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced environment required.
- Meeting Room AV Technology such as Cisco Roomkit, Crestron and Evoko.
- Familiar with enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Active Directory, SCCM.
- Understanding of network protocols and network hardware.
- Experience with Sony or Microsoft console hardware and software.
- Ability to work out of office hours when required.
- JAMF, SCCM or similar client management tools.
- Familiarity with development applications including Perforce, MS Visual Studio, Autodesk and Adobe Suite.
Behaviours / Competencies:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well without close supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse global community.
- Communicate project status including tasks, iterations and milestones in a timely manner as required.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: IT Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-14 06:07:48.29
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.