Software Engineer (Frostbite Migrations Team)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154348
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Migration team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is critical that systems and components work seamlessly and are able to leverage the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. This is a challenging role that requires a seasoned software engineer proficient in one or multiple domains that could span rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online, etc. You will have the awesome opportunity to work on the front lines with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further growth and professional development experience.
- Migrate or refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit key milestones and deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and improvements on how to fully leverage Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Strong C++ knowledge with minimum 6 years professional programming experience
- Working experience in at least one of the following domains – Rendering, Systems, Animation
- Experience on current gaming platforms – PS4, Xbox One, PC
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using debugging tools
- Ability to test, debug and extend other Software Engineers’ code
- Understanding of memory management, multi-processor use and runtime optimization
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Frostbite Migrations Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-21 18:09:59.2
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA