L2 Desktop Specialist – Temporary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 154340
Position Title: ITO Services Specialist I
A full time, site specific position focused on IT client based solutions enabling the development of games. Position will be responsible for doing desktop work within the EA Vancouver desktop team. Role will require “self-starter” mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with L2 and L3 desktop techs. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after hours support for local studio desktop support organization is a requirement.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key Skills
- Work in an environment in which level 2 technicians will be motivated to provide best in class customer service.
- Willing to learn the technology, improve their customer service delivery skills, and broaden their skill base.
- Able to assume greater responsibility in day to day operations of desktop support.
- Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development game consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking.
- Strong understanding in Apple Mac and Apple Mac specific software, and Apple Mac support is a plus.
- Strong background in testing and optimizing client workstations and applications.
- Strong understanding of microprocessor hardware and application across all device types
- Knowledge and understanding of video conferencing equipment and usage.
- Able to provide desktop support to VP level executives.
- 100% L2 level work.
- Provide frontline support for technical issues
- Set direction from desktop technology standpoint
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate technical skills and experience.
- Intermediate understanding of current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, Skype for Business, and Cisco video conferencing.
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, and McAfee EPO.
- Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
- Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a massive environment required.
- Intermediate knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including: updating firmware, updating to latest release for Xbox One and Sony PS4. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
- Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required.
Community / Marketing Title: L2 Desktop Specialist – Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-17 00:41:21.163
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA