Production Artist (Apex Legends) - Temporary Assignment
Location: Chatsworth, California US
Requisition Number: 154316
Position Title: Senior Graphic Designer I
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and recently shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends. We are currently hiring for our Star Wars™, Apex Legends, and Super Secret VR game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re looking for a highly skilled Production Artist who will create 2D and motion graphic imagery to help promote our games, tell stories, and get our community members engaged and excited about our current and upcoming titles.
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and onsite at our studio in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
What’s it like to be a Production Artist at Respawn?
- Creating 2D and Motion Graphics - As a Production Artist you would be creating custom bespoke assets for social channels. This may include original 2d artwork and motion graphics, and/or projects such as taking the work of other artists on the team and bringing it further to life for social campaigns (an example could be using motion graphics to animate a piece of game concept art). You may be also be tasked with creating artwork for use across various channels, such as promotions, emails, web, game and/or company branding, etc.
- Inspiring Our Community - You will be embedded with the Community Team - working on campaigns and projects to excite our players and community members. This is an opportunity to directly engage our community through visually appealing imagery, motion graphics, signage, logos, branding, etc.
- Synthesizing Branding/Marketing and In-Game Elements - In addition to creating original assets, you may also be tasked with taking existing concept, marketing, or in-game artwork from our talented art teams and transforming into content that can be used in other channels - social, web, etc.
- Ownership - You will be in a unique position as the sole Production Artist embedded in the Community Team. You will have the opportunity to have a lot of creative freedom, input, and ownership over your work. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to shine here!
- Teamwork - Putting out games as well as information to our players is a group effort and you will work closely with talented people in both the Community Team and other departments such as marketing, art, audio, etc.
What do we look for in Production Artist candidates?
- Quality Design Skills and Good Taste - We’d like to see a well rounded portfolio showcasing your work. Your portfolio should show quality, taste, and an eye for modern, innovative, and aesthetically appealing 2D and motion graphic design work.
- Understanding of Art for Social Media - We’d like for you to bring your understanding of what works best for social media to the table. The Production Artist will be focusing mainly on work directed towards social media, so having insight into the logistical, technical, creative, and user experience best practices for these channels is important.
- Technical Chops - The ideal candidate will not only have impressive artistic chops but will also have mastery of the relevant software programs such as After Effects, Photoshop/Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Passion for Games/Gaming Community - We look for potential team members who are highly passionate. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working in games and creating work to engage the gaming community that we serve.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a keen eye for quality.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
Professional experience as a Production Artist in a similar capacity.
Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Community / Marketing Title: Production Artist (Apex Legends) - Temporary Assignment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-15 02:29:49.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Chatsworth
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chatsworth, California US