Star Wars: Rise to Power - Senior Character Artist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154303
Position Title: Sr Character Artist
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of mobile hits like FIFA, Madden, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and SimCity BuildIt.
Our growing Mobile Studio – Red Crow – in Austin, Texas, is seeking an experienced Senior Character Artist to work on the upcoming launch of a new social strategy game, Star Wars: Rise to Power.
In Star Wars: Rise to Power, any Star Wars fan can fight for their place as a Hero in the Galactic Wars, acquiring and deploying massive fleets of ships (from small stunt fighters to massive capital ships), iconic characters, and planetary bases, putting the galactic conflict directly into the Player’s hands.
The Senior Character Artist works closely with the Art Director and Technical Leads to help define visual standards and technical specifications of Character assets for the project. In addition to creating high quality character models and materials, the Senior Character Artist guides junior members of the team and external partners to deliver work that meets the project standards. The ideal candidate proactively seeks opportunities to elevate the game, embraces constructive feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative Character.
- Create high quality models and materials (textures), including in-game and cinematic assets.
- Update style and technical documents for the character art team.
- Collaborate with Technical Artist to create and improve tools and workflows.
- Actively participate in milestone planning and reviews.
- Provide mentorship for junior team members.
- Review work from external partners and provide feedback.
- +7 years of experience in videogame development with at least 2 shipped titles
- A Strong 3D Character art portfolio
- Mastery in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush and Photoshops
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, surface properties, and human anatomy.
- Knowledge of character setup and rigging.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- Ability to create textures/materials using painting and node-based techniques (e.g. Substance Painter and Designer)
- Strong ability to adapt and execute in different art styles (photorealistic and stylized)
- Knowledge of high-poly to low-poly surface baking
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for making and playing mobile games
- Experience leading a small team
- Experience working with remote teams (outsourcing)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More information about Austin: https://www.ea.com/news/tour-the-ea-austin-studio
Contact our Recruiter, Rebecca Davis: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Star Wars: Rise to Power - Senior Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-25 17:34:49.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US