Star Wars: Rise to Power - Senior VFX Artist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154298
Position Title: Sr Visual Effects Artist
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of mobile hits like FIFA, Madden, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and SimCity BuildIt.
Our growing Mobile Studio – Red Crow – in Austin, Texas, is seeking an experienced Sr. VFX Artist to work on the upcoming launch of a new social strategy game, Star Wars: Rise to Power.
In Star Wars: Rise to Power, any Star Wars fan can fight for their place as a Hero in the Galactic Wars, acquiring and deploying massive fleets of ships (from small stunt fighters to massive capital ships), iconic characters, and planetary bases, putting the galactic conflict directly into the Player’s hands.
The Senior VFX Artist works closely with designers, Art Director and technical Leads to define visual standards and technical specifications of VFX assets for the project. The Senior VFX Artist elevates the visual quality of the game by creating high quality real-time visual effects that are highly performant on Mobile. The Senior VFX Artist may also work with external partners to deliver work that meets the project standards. The ideal candidate proactively seeks opportunities to elevate the game, embraces constructive feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative environment.
- Support the communication of gameplay mechanics to the player through VFX elements
- Animate stunning real-time visual effects using models, particle effects, textures, and shaders
- Optimize visual effects to be performant on all supported mobile devices
- Work closely with engineers and technical artists to create tools and define VFX pipeline
- Work within deadlines and display time management skills
- Update style and technical documents for the team
- Actively participate in milestone planning and reviews
- Review work from external partners and provide feedback
- Experience creating visual effects for mobile games
- Have demonstrable technical abilities with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines
- Ability to conceptualize and animate both realistic and stylized particle systems (such as fire, explosions, smoke, sparks, dust, clouds, and weather)
- Strong artistic talent for creating compelling textures for particle effects
- Strong knowledge of lighting, color, and composition
- Expertise in Photoshop
- Experience with Maya, MEL, and Python
- Experience with the Unity engine perferred
- A Strong 3D VFX portfolio
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More information about Austin: https://www.ea.com/news/tour-the-ea-austin-studio
Please reach out to our recruiter, Rebecca Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: Star Wars: Rise to Power - Senior VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-15 23:02:19.173
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US