Frostbite Software Engineer Intern
Location: Bucharest, RO
Requisition Number: 154292
Position Title: Intern General
Software Engineer Internship – Frostbite
Entertaining Is Our Passion
EA was founded over 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing and distributing the world’s best games.
Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
Join us and be part of the adventure!
If you’ve ever experienced the excitement of a FIFA football match, the exotic vistas of Star Wars: Battlefront, the ground-shaking growl of tanks in Battlefield or drifted with screaming, rain-soaked tires across the tarmac in Need for Speed, you’ve had a glimpse of the power of the Frostbite game engine. Driven and supported by a team of hundreds of passionate engineers from multiple studios across the globe including EA Romania in Bucharest, Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games of any size and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Frostbite harnesses EA’s vast infrastructure, workflows and resources to generate industry-leading ingenuity in domains such as Rendering, Physics & Destruction, Artificial Intelligence, Animation, Audio and UI, to name a few. And as a key central technology team, any innovation developed could have game-changing impacts across EA’s numerous franchises.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game for EA.
Frostbite Bucharest is a dynamic and enthusiastic team developing in-game AI, Machine Learning applications and AI authoring tools/frameworks for developers and designers, providing the Frostbite engine with the capabilities of gameplay intelligence for NPCs and game agents. Our mission is to provide game teams with the artificial intelligence engine features and tools needed to achieve a fantastic player experience and complete immersion.
As an intern within Frostbite Bucharest you will have the chance to understand how this powerful game engine works, build new functionalities from the ground up and understand complex concepts of game AI. In fact, you will get a glimpse of what it means to change the face of interactive entertainment.
• As an intern you will assist in building features, testing and integrating them in game code, working together with other software engineers.
• You will actively participate in an Agile-Scrum driven software process including daily stand-up meetings and sprint planning. You will work closely with the dev and QA team members to resolve road-blockers and ensure completion of tasks
• You will need to understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing. This is a great opportunity to learn about the game development industry and experience the development lifecycle of a very large project.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Studying for a Computer Science Degree or Mathematics degree
• Programming knowledge in C++
• Familiarity with OOP and data structures
• Exposure to scripting languages such as Python
• Algorithmic knowledge and problem-solving skills using common computing algorithms
• Basic exposure to Machine Learning is a plus
• Basic exposure to multithreaded programming and debugging
• Previous software development experience (including academic or home projects) would be a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Frostbite Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-15 06:57:13.957
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO